Meeting Minutes June 15, 2015
Attendance: Thuy Cataldo, Patty Lett, Vicky Benarick, Navila Silvan, Brenda Van Putten, Ryan Hallenbeck, Angela Mastro, and Kendra Ryerson.
Meeting was called to order at 7:06 pm.
* Balance - $6000.00
* $1000 for pre-game shirts (Varsity Boys and Girls), which is a known expense.
* Website is revamped.
*Scholarships were given to 2 girls and 5 boys on June 2. The only criteria for scholarship is that the senior had to apply for the available scholarships.
Coach Mastro (spoke about Mod/JV/Varsity levels:
* Winter soccer with 2 teams (U14 and Scholastic U19) were well attended and consistent. Participated in friendly tournament at BC United.
* Junior Tigers program needs parent participation.
* Modified Girls soccer has low numbers due to increase in volleyball interest.
* UE Girls Camp on June 22-26 at AGM. Cost is $25 for 3rd-6th grade girls and $50 for 7th-12th grade. Monies go towards pizza, shirts, towels. Left over money goes for scholarships for winter leagues.
*Youth Clinic at Stadium on 6/20 and it's free.
*There's a need for building ball girl participation for Varsity games. Girls Varsity to sell "Enjoy the City" books to offset warm-ups cost.
*Program wide bottle drive was successful last year and is scheduled for August 22, same day as planned parent meeting.
*A discussion was had on the confusion between the boys camp that has no cost versus the girls camp that has a cost.
*We have a new Boys Modified coach, Jon Michael Shea, who is a 3rd grade teacher at TJ Watson. And he also coached at Binghamton at the modified level and he was the Binghamton's Varsity Assistant Coach.
*Boys summer camp will run for 6 weeks (Jr. Tigers). And Varsity Boys camp, starting June 17, will run every week during the summer up to the start of the regular season, which is August 17.
*Currently Varsity Girls will play on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Varsity Boys on Wednesdays and Fridays.
* Pasta Dinner - considering UEHS Cafeteria since it's $2.40 per dinner for just food. There is no school profit. Josie Henningson said that there are no custodial fees. There is a capital project contingency for holding the pasta dinner. Plan A would be to hold it at UEHS and Plan B is to hold it JFS, which has a bigger kitchen. Sept. 28 is the tentative date and cost would be $8 per person.
*Bottle Drive is scheduled for August 22. We need to do our own counting and write this on the bag to ensure that we receive the correct money.
*Gift Card Fundraiser - $10 per card with percentage going back to the purchaser. The packet needs to be picked up at our PO box.
*Pre-game shirts - $500 with 25 shirts for Coach Hallenbeck and 17 shirts for Coach Mastro. Nuwaka could do club Tshirts.
*Homecoming is October 3, no soccer game that day. Sideliners would like to move concession stand in front of UEHS, bringing it out of the Pit. This is a question for Josh Gannon. We would charge for non-soccer customers, while soccer players eat free via a ticket or wearing their game jersey.
*Membership - maybe tie it to the banquet. (Only for Varsity and JV while Modified has a separate party.) Discussed idea of an awards night instead of a banquet, to consist of punch, cookies, cake. Banquet costs $3000 to host.
*Advertisements - looking for more businesses to advertise.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:40 pm.
Next meeting: Monday, July 27, 2015, off site.
Submitted by: Brenda Van Putten, 7/21/15