Meeting Minutes July 27, 2015
Attendance: Thuy Cataldo, Patty Lett, Vicky Benarick, Navila Silvan, Brenda Van Putten
Meeting was called to order at 7:14 pm.
* Balance - $7000.00
* Website - decided not to pay 2-3 years in advance for domain name. We will be renewing for 1 year only.
* Stamps were purchased for mailing out business ads. We received 7 this month from mass mailings.
* We received news that Coach Hollenbeck will be leaving the school district, opening up the UE Boys Varsity coaching position.
* Once teams are determined, individual and team photos will be taken by booster volunteers at the end of August. Modified team pictures will be taken in September, and no individual photos for them. Patty will identify the exact dates and times.
* Pasta Dinner - looking at dates to hold the dinner at Sons of Italy. Prefer Sept. 24th. Patty will call to see if it's available and see what other dates are available in the Sept/Oct time frame.
* Bottle Drive - we will use Can Man for bottle drive. Vicki will provide bags. Can Man will deliver boxes for bottles the day before the drive. Brenda will provide gloves. $20 deposit was required, which we'll get back. 5 cents a can.
We can advertise on marquis located outside Endicott Visitors Center. A call to the mayor's office to get more info.
* End of Season Banquet - Cost is an issue. We want all players to attend for free but not everyone pays for memberships, which helps offset the cost. November 8th is a possible date. Patty will call to see if it's available.
* Website - Apparel link needed on website.
* Homecoming - Patty is looking into Two Boys Ice Cream truck as a possible fundraiser. Pizza and water under the tent after the parade, to be held in the Pit. Over the years other groups take part in the booster and volunteers' generosity of donations. We would like to let everyone know that it's strictly for our soccer teams.
* Apparel Sale - Tshirts will be done by XLNT Productions. We have a new logo. We will run 2 sales, the first one after the JV/V teams are selected. The second sale will be after the modified teams start their season. Navila will review the catalog for apparel sale picking items. Want to keep it simple with just enough choices.
Denise Gyllenhammer would like to do a warm-up sale (separate from Boosters) for the Varsity Boys team only. Cost offset by running a BOGO book sale.
We will use Nuwaka for club Tshirts as it's most cost effective at $5 per shirt for one design. It will be a white Tshirt with a pocket size design. Nuwaka provides a 1 week turnaround.
* Concession Stand - we decided to stay with the trailer. Sign-ups will go on website and if no one signs up, stand will not operate those evenings. Pizza, hot dogs, candy, Gatorade and water will be available.
* Away Game Snacks - In an effort to conserve money, it was discussed that donations of snacks will be provided by parent sign-ups using the www.perfectpotluck.com website. Brenda used the website for team snacks and water and it was very successful and easy to use. Brenda will create a sign-up page for booster club to review. If we like it, then Brenda will create pages for the remaining teams.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:35 pm.
Next meeting: Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Submitted by: Brenda Van Putten,