Meeting Minutes September 1, 2015
Attendance: Thuy Cataldo, Patty Lett, Vicky Benarick, Navila Silvan, Brenda Van Putten
Meeting was called to order at 7:40 pm.
Balance is at $6,300
Sponsor Ads: Thuy and Patti went around to local businesses on Saturday delivering the business ad letters in person. Currently the Booster club has received approximately $480 in donations.
Website: All forms, concession sign ups, and all V/JV Boys and Girls team information are on website. All links are working.
* Team Pictures - Team pictures for all Varsity and JV were completed but Varsity girls will have to be retaken due to 2 girls added to the team. Picture re-take will occur on Tuesday prior to start of home game.
* Pasta Dinner - date is set for October 1st at Sons of Italy. Starting to advertise this fundraiser.
* Banquet - $100 deposit for Traditions for the date of Nov. 8th, 4-8pm.
* Homecoming - Once again, the Booster will provide pizza and water along with asking parents to donate baked goods for our traditional get together in the pit. An email will be sent out regarding this.
Our booster club has been approached to join in on the Endicott Festival that will be held at JFS, Oct 3, 1pm-4pm. We are brainstorming ideas on ways to fundraise at this event and/or provide an opportunity for UE students who are in PIG to earn volunteer hours as it is a requirement of this class.
One item discussed was renting a cotton candy machine. We never heard back from the Two Boys Ice Cream Truck owner. We will revisit this at our next meeting.
* Apparel Sale - Updates to the apparel sale form were done to include youth and adult sizes for those items where that option is available. There will only be one apparel sale, rather than 2 sales as previously discussed. We will not be doing an umbrella and chair sale as there are minimums that would need to be ordered along with set up charges.
* Club Shirts - Have been distributed to the JV girls and boys. Modified teams will also be receiving a club shirt once the teams are established after school starts.
* Concession Stand - Trailer was loaded with drinks, candy, and hot dogs on 9/1 by Vicki and Patty.
It was discovered that there is no longer a coffee machine in the trailer. Booster will make coffee in advance.
* Restaurant Night - John Lanza of Rossi’s will do a pizza night fundraiser with percentage of sales donated to us. Date is TBD. We will also be doing a McDonald’s fundraiser on the night of UEHS Open House, Sept 29th.
* Membership - Everyone who signs up for a membership will receive a decal as we have several of them. Additionally name will be put in drawing for 6 gift certificates to a local restaurant that will be held at the end of the season.
* Team Cups Fundraiser - Although this cup fundraiser is a great idea, the cups cost $6 up front with a commitment to buy 500 to start.
Boys Varsity - Sheila Armstrong and Tuan Luong
Girls Varsity - Chris McCloe
Boys JV - Leslie Cseledy
Girls JV - Dianne Breen
Modified parent meeting tentatively scheduled for 9/16 after practice at JFS.
Our next meeting will be Sep 9, 2015, 6:00 pm at UEHS.
Meeting adjourned at 9:30pm.
Submitted by: Brenda Van Putten,